Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday in Ohio

My day was off to a bad start when I was pulling out of the hotel parking lot this morning. I saw two Canada Geese on the grass on the side of the road, didn't think much of it, until I heard a honking overhead, followed (I swear) with the sensation that someone dropped something on my car.

Someone -- or rather something -- did drop something on my car -- a big load of goose cah-kee. Right on the rear window. I've never seen such a splat. It was huge.

When I got to work, I mentioned it to one of the gang who does maintenance work -- just was laughing about it and he said if I gave him my keys, he'd take a hose to the window and get if off. Here you go, I said. When I got back to my car at the end of  the day, it was gone. The cah-kee, not the car. I am really spoiled when I'm here, and I love it. I really do appreciate it. Just the thought of this splat was making me gag.

I wish I could share photos of the workday, but this company has a policy of no personal mentions in social media... so instead:

This cemetery is about 3 minutes from my client, and I was always curious about it. So I stopped there and took a look.


Ok, so this is out of order. I am intrigued and annoyed by gas prices. As a non-car owner, I don't pay much attentionto gas prices unless I'm traveling. Gas was about 10 cents cheaper in Pennsylvania, and it was 4 cents more expensive this morning. So why was it $3.99/gal this morning and $3.95/gal tonight?


I thought this cemetery was older, but there are many contemporary headstones here, along, of course, with some older ones.


Like this one. I like thinking about a person born in 1852 and the changes Miss Henrietta saw in her lifetime -- cars, airplanes, telephones, so many things.

tomorrow: Same as Wednesday. I'll have to find another diversion for pictures.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Florida we are now paying 3.79 for gas. It seems to us that they raise the price every Monday. It is much too high. Our government should be doing something to regulate this.

Stephanie

Barbara said...

Obama IS doing something... raising the fuel efficiency standards by 2 times -- which means we will pay half as much to go the same distance. Another reason to VOTE for Obama in November, because Mr. Romney would take this away!

Unfortunately neither party seems to be able to do anything about all those tax breaks the big oil companies get ... it's politically impossible.