Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Catching Up on Wednesday

Today is the first day where I might possibly close the windows. Chilly morning. The good news is no more air conditioning for now which saves on the electric bill. I have a confession to make. I took the photo below on Monday -- it's where my suitcase sat for 24 hours after I got home on Sunday. I hate unpacking. I don't know why, but I do. So here's the confession: My suitcase is still sitting there, unopened today. Unfortunately (well, or fortunately), I have duplicates of everything -- toothbrush, etc. so there's no pressing need to get at anything.

I have a client who is obsessed with unpacking the second she walks in her home -- no matter what. I went round and round with her finally escalating it to "If your flight were hours late, and you felt like crap, and you got home at 2 am, you'd unpack??" And she said yes. Hmmmm. I am not so inclined.

Will today be the day this suitcase gets opened? I remember reading something on Craig's list where a woman wanted to hire someone to unpack a suitcase that's been lying in her bedroom for six months. Really. It fascinated me, wondering why she couldn't do it. I give her credit, however, for throwing in the towel and trying to hire someone to do it. Baby steps. I'll open my suitcase today and take out the laundry.

Here's a week's worth of mail dumped. The cardboard box to the left is a box I use for shredding stuff. I used to shred just credit card and that sort of sensitive thing but now I find myself shredding everything with my name and address on it. I may not have unpacked, but I have cleaned all this up since Monday.

Met Barbara for lunch yesterday at 85th and Columbus. I was headed toward the building with the blue surrounding it. Am not sure what that is and why it's put up. 

I left too much time thinking I'd have trouble getting a cab so I sat at this empty sidewalk cafe for about 15 minutes.

After lunch, going home in my favorite cab -- the Crown Vic -- where you can see here the difference in legroom. These TVs are in the back of every cab, and they are so annoying.

I think this is new for my neighborhood. I haven't been in a Brookstone in years. This used to be a Petsmart.

Second Avenue Subwaay mess a block from me.

More Second Avenue Subway mess. This is right in front of the grocery store I go to.

The leaves are just beginning to turn on my block.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Brookstone, and, WOW, what a mess in front of Food Emporium!!!

Stephanie

Pat said...

Brookstone is sort of like an adult toy store (no, not THOSE kind of adult toys)but gadgets and stuff you don't really need but end up buying. Sort of useful adult gadgets -- liked heated socks and a machine that breaks eggs or something.