Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Five More Thoughts

1. No mouse; no droppings
2. Finally got totally caught up on laundry; somehow got myself into a backlog of bathroom rugs, towels, stuff I don't wear that often, etc. Feels good to have an empty hamper.
3. Felt like Lucy and her 5 cent psychological help today. Friend called me today asking me how she can not let small stuff get to her. My advice is go ahead, let it get to you for a bit, then move on. Coincidentally I had just written that very thing in a magazine column. Really unless someone is dead or dying, what problem can measure up? I think holding it in makes it worse. Or as Mary often says, "Just because your leg isn't broken doesn't mean your sprained ankle doesn't hurt."
4. I'm going to Ohio next week.
5. I think I've finally recognized the sound of underground blasting from the Second Avenue Subway. It sounds like thunder coming from the basement. Heard it today.

No comments: