Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Meredith!

Just to keep all the players straight, Meredith is my friend and she's the daughter of Michelle (well, Tom's daughter too, but Moms count more.) Mary, Michelle and I all lived next door to each other way back in 1967 in the dorm. Mary and I were in Michelle's wedding playing the role of the young, blushing bridesmaids a (ahem) number of years ago, and then Mary and I were part of Meredith's wedding more recently playing the role of the dowager aunts. However, Mary and I each read the same selections as we read in Michelle's wedding all those years ago which was really a privilege for me. Both times.

Meredith is in Afghanistan, in the US compound, or whatever it's called, and we are counting the days until she comes home. She's been there for nearly a year, and we're in the last weeks of her stint there. Michelle has told herself all this time that Meredith is actually in Paris.

Now that that's all clear, on with the birthday...













2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!!! Rstay safe and come home soon!!!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday, Meredith!