Saturday, February 18, 2012

Home Again

Safe and sound. I had a cheap thrill this morning in the hotel room. I had not set the alarm and so when I was roused out of sleep by the sound of a tinny, staticky clock radio, I sort of sighed and thought it was time to get up. I looked at the clock at it said 5:55. Then I woke up a bit more and thought, "Why am I getting up at 5:55?"

Then I realized that I did NOT have to get up, couldn't figure out (using the braille method) how to make the clock radio stop -- so I just turned down the volume. That was a treat to be able to roll back over and go to sleep.

I swear, though, not 15 seconds had passed when I opened my eyes and it was 8:36. It was like someone snapped their fingers and time fast forwarded. So I got up, showered, packed, looked at email, edited something and was on my way around 10:30 -- back in NY in two hours, home at 1pm.

Started some laundry, went through mail, semi-unpacked and watched a Netflix. Nice to be able to just relax.

No comments: