Friday, April 8, 2011

Recuperating Phil

I was thinking about when someone stops being solely a friend's friend and starts being MY friend too. I've known "Mary's friend" Phil for years and years and always thought of him as "Mary's friend Phil."

He was an early fan of my blog and in the beginning I let a month or so go by without posting anything and Phil emailed me and urged me to continue. That meant a lot to me so I think of Phil as my muse. He is also very loyal about sending cards for various holidays and I appreciate that. I think about all the work involved in buying the card, addressing it, having stamps, mailing, etc.

Anyway, today Phil had knee surgery and is home recuperating after everything went well, so here's a shout out to Phil, MY friend, but he can still be Mary's friend too.

No comments: