Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre-Party Prep

Along the lines of cheap thrills, I just had one. My friend Melissa is spending the night with me on her way home to Texas after being in a business meeting all week. She had been at a trade show the week before that so I know she'll be pooped.

I thought we would just stay in, and I bought a pumpkin for us to make a jack-o-lantern. That started the party -- then I bought some Halloween glow in the dark hand sanitizer (hey, who knew that existed?)for party favors. I thought we'd order from this great little pizza place where you can get wonderful individual pizzas. Yesterday I bought some cookies in the shape of pumpkins and ghosts and some apple cider (you must have apple cider for a Halloween party!).

So I just now put sheets on the sofa bed -- these great fluffy thick flannel sheets with a wonderful quilt -- I felt like crawling in -- Is there anything more inviting than a bed, even a sofa bed, with clean sheets? I laid out towels for her in the bathroom she'll use.

So the cheap thrill is how much pleasure there is doing little things to prepare for a guest, or a party, even if it is a party of two!

Will send before and after pictures of our jack o lantern! And the cookies! Maybe the pizza!

I did draw a line at costumes. Maybe next year.

No comments: