Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mary's Memory Walk


Here are Mary and Matt on today's Alzheimer's Memory Walk at the Washington Nationals Stadium. Fran made the sign for Mary who says, "People smiled in a touching kind of way when they read it and one woman told her friend they needed to make signs like that. I'll be saving it for next year."

Lois is Mary's mother. Belle and Alva are Mary's grandmothers. I sometimes wonder if there is anything, any story, any experience, any anything about Mary that I don't know after all these years, and I have to say I don't think I could have named her grandmothers. I know they both went to college which was amazing for their era. So here's to Lois, Belle and Alva and all the other great women we've known with hope for the future.

1 comment:

stefortiz said...

What a touching tribute to Mary's mother and grandmothers.