Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Again Safely

I enjoyed my little road trip out and enjoyed it back until about the last four hours. The traffic from New Jersey onward, and especially coming across the George Washington Bridge was horrible. But I made it.

Good time to be away. I had a handyman here doing some work, and he caught a mouse. I have not seen a mouse or any evidence of one in about four years, but I think with everything so ripped up because of the Second Avenue Subway, the mice must be on the move. He did a terrific job, and I never "had mice" -- I'd always just have one or two passing through. Am glad I didn't see it.

Also, there was a notice that the water would be shut off -- because of the subway construction, and I missed that too.

This handyman is so wonderful -- did beautiful work and did all these little extras too. He closed some more holes which helps in the mouse department, but I read they only need a hole the size of a dime. I really have given him free rein to do what he wants. He is very tidy and really takes ownership of the projects.

So it's good to be home, good to be back on my block. My crazy lady was even out to welcome me back. I don't think she knew I'd been gone, but now I'm here and all is well.

No comments: