Wednesday, July 28, 2010

All is Well


[photo: I have about a 15 mile drive from my hotel to the show, and this is a typical view -- farmland on both sides; everything is very green.]


Since you're not supposed to talk business on a personal blog, I will say that all is well. I have four press events to do successfully -- either a lunch or breakfast followed by a news conference and now I've done three of the four. I have to say that I am good at this -- at making sure the food is there on time, that there's enough food and also ensure that the company gets the right and enough people. I do enjoy getting a big turnout and then pointing out to a client a press conference with two people in attendance. I want to make sure they don't take what I do for granted.

So for the past two days, I've gotten up at 5:30 which is definitely not me. I have my last media breakfast tomorrow and then on Friday, I have to be on site at 6:45 for another client's breakfast where I have to hand out surveys to their members in attendance.

After the rain practically washed out the show, it has been sunny and warm -- really very pleasant, in fact.

Here's an odd culinary fact about this part of Wisconsin and maybe all parts, but I've never seen it anywhere but the Dairy State. It is not uncommon to be served a hamburger with a scoop of butter on top. And it's also not uncommon to be served french fries with sour cream to dip instead of ketchup.

I have my yearly bratwurst here, and that happens tomorrow. Years ago, a colleague and I were overlooked for thanks in this somewhat fancy dinner, where every employee and consultant was mentioned except him and me. So for ten plus years, we've recognized each other by going out for bratwurst at this place called Mr. Cinders, so called because of the charcoal grill. We call this annual lunch Bratfest (a popular Wisoncsin event)and toast each other. So Bratfest 2010 takes place tomorrow. I'll photograph it.

No comments: