Friday, May 19, 2017

What I'm Reading

Based on a Twitter recommendation by Stephen King, I bought the first book in a trilogy... this is called Natchez Burning and it's a suspense novel about a murder. When it arrived -- Barbara came for lunch and she brought in my mail which included this book -- and the package looked like two books but I knew I'd only bought one... and it's three inches thick in paperback.

It reminded me of my snobby childhood reaction to kids complaining how many pages exactly a book was that they had to read... and as an avid reader, I always thought the longer the better... so I had to check and this one is 865 pages. A cover blurb by Stephen King says once you start, you can't put it down -- I hope that's the case.


As for lunch, Barbara and I rarely depart from certain set menus -- scrambled eggs and bacon is one; lobster rolls is one; burgers is one. Today we went medium cheeseburgers with cheddar cheese and a shared order of fries. Yum. Hadn't had a burger in weeks.

Oh, I forgot -- we have a fourth menu choice: BLTs, hers on rye toast, mine on white toast.

No comments: