Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scattered Thursday Thoughts

Even after years and years, I still get a thrill the moment my cleaning woman leaves or I come back to my clean apartment. Love the smell. Love the shine. Love the order. Love the peacefulness of a tidy home.

Despite giving away dozens of them, boxes of them, continually recyling them to friends, I still have too many books. One of my goals this year is to not buy any new books, and so far, at least for the first 19 days, I haven't. I have many I have not read, and when I look at the shelves I have forgotten about some of them and I think, "Oh that's an interesting topic for a book." So this will be the year of reading, not buying.

What's up with ice cubes when there is this little, pointy tower of ice that comes up off the base of the cube? How does that happen and why?

Tomorrow Jody has her major operation to replace her human jaw joints with titanium jaw joints. She had to go from Denver (where she lives) to Dallas. She and her husband met with the surgeon today, and the blankety-blank insurance company got in a last minute zinger in that they listed her coverage for this operation as "pending" despite their hard-won, months-long expensive battle to have insurance cover it. So they had a last-minute fight with phones and faxes flying and got it resolved. So she goes from the operation to ICU to regular hospital to a hotel near the hospital for two weeks. Please send healing light her way. They have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am with the operation at 7 am. She emailed me, "See you on the other side." It can only get better day by day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sending Jody my best for quick healing and a great future!

Stephanie