Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brunch at Belga

Mary, Phil and Barb had brunch today at a place called Belga. Here's a description from its web site.

Belga Café is the original Belgian restaurant in Washington DC and a great place for authentic Belgian food and Belgian Beers. Combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, light & healthy interesting food.

I don't know if I've ever had Belgian food. Do Belgian waffles count? I'll have to find out from Mary what Belgian food is like.

Here's our friend, Phil, to whom I must give a shout out in that when I first started this blog, I did a few posts, and then stopped, and Phil wrote me to urge me onward as he was one of my readers. So thanks, Phil!

Update from Mary: I was not far off with the waffles. Here's the rundown:

I had the regular Brussels waffle with berries and syrup - it was so good, and you didn't need any butter on it. Last time I had the Liege waffle with carmelized apples and cinnamon. Barb had waffles with duck confit which she said was great, and Phil had a hangar steak which also looked good, but since it was brunch, I wanted waffles. Many of the savory dishes, including Barb's and Phil's, came with an egg cooked sunny side up or over easy.

No comments: