Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

I took part in a Thanksgiving tradition -- my Thanksgiving tradition which is to go to Stancie and Mac's yacht club in Connecticut for dinner.

I take the train out of Grand Central Station (below)

and I had allowed way too much time for an 11:10 train to Greenwich as I had to go to an ATM at my corner, get a cab, get to Grand Central, buy my ticket -- and didn't want to be rushed. Well, I was at the Station, ticket in hand at 10:20 so I took an earlier train and thought I'd just sit and read my book in Greenwich. Here's the train, having arrived -- I don't know these people...

Then it was off to Indian Harbor Yacht Club, and here is the view of Long Island Sound from my seat at the table:

You were given a choice of a handful of appetizers and a handful of entrees. I had shrimp cocktail, and I, along with everyone else at the table, went traditional with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Then we had side dishes that were served family style of mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, acorn squash, and those really skinny green beans with almonds. The shrimp were wonderful with very horseradishy cocktail sauce, and the meal was just delicious.
Here's Stancie and Karen after dinner:

Dessert was a buffet of pies, cakes and ice cream and I had a sliver (really) of coconut custard pie and one scoop of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Then it was time to head back to the train station -- here's our way out in the parking lot:

Got on the train, took a cab home -- and it was already dark -- a fairly mild night but rain on my block...

Hope all of you had a restful and tummy-full of good stuff (and stuffing) Thanksgiving.

No comments: