Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sticker Shock


Did some errands today, went to the bank and then to the drug store and I was really stunned when I checked out and the person said $32.05. That used to be a cartload of stuff (Oh, I sound like granny!) and I literally bought three things. I bought hair color for $10, a bottle of antacids -- store brand! -- for $5 and the killer was I really needed some good body lotion and I didn't look at the price, but it was $14. Add tax and that's $32.05.

And by "good" body lotion, I don't mean some dreamy lavendar rosemary body creme with ground rose petals, I mean something that looks almost medicinal. I really wonder how people on very tight budgets do it. Go with gray hair, flaky dry skin and drink club soda?

By the way, if you ever need an antacid and don't have one, I read a trick that you should just keep swallowing as saliva contains a natural antacid. Haven't tried it, but it could work.

2 comments:

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Nice flowers