Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LGA

I've been going to La Guardia since I was a little girl. I have very early memories of going there with my mother and sister to pick up my father. In those days, there was no security to go through -- anyone could just walk to the gate.

On my flight out on Tuesday, it was really foggy and I think of old movies where they announce that all planes are grounded due to fog. I also think about NTSB accident reports that start, "The aircraft took off in fog and freezing rain..." I am not a nervous flyer, but I don't think fog and freezing rain helps.

Going through security, I was looking at a little girl, no more than three years old with her shoes off to get checked and I realize people have stopped saying we have to do X "or else the terrorists will have won..."

No comments: