Monday, March 6, 2017

I'm officially a stupid senior citizen...

So I made it to Richmond (tomorrow NJ; Wed Home Sweet Home) and I've had so many burgers I couldn't face another. Sometimes I'm tempted to go to a restaurant and I would maybe if someone was with me, but I typically just want to get to my room and take my bra off.

So Red Roof Inn lists three places that deliver... a Pizza Hut (sick of pizza too) and two chinese places. I google the chinese places and both got great reviews... one is called China Garden and one is called Top's China... I decided that China Garden was too unoriginal so I go with Top's.  I study the menu, make my notes and call. The woman who answered was like Miss Interrogator. Typically it's enough to say that you're in the such and such hotel, but she needed an exact street address and I had to google it... then she needed the phone of the hotel.... then all this other stuff... so now it's time for my order... I say I want the butterfly shrimp and she says "we don't have that" so I made a quick switch to "roast pork lo mein" and she says "we don't have that; this is pizza hut"

I said "I am so sorry I wasted your time. Really" -- I hate to be "that person" who is an idiot... and it was totally my mistake, reading the wrong #... so I call Top's China and the call wouldn't go through and finally some operator (recorded) said "we can help you find a similar business" and I hung up and sure enough I checked the Internet some more and my place closed.

So then it was back to China Garden and I successfully (I hope) placed an order for sesame shrimp and wonton soup.I shouldn't have to work this hard for dinner.

More later.

No comments: